- Published on Friday, 24 July 2015 14:27
The Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL) has stated that it has identified cancer-causing chemicals in River Pra in the Western Region.
- Published on Friday, 08 May 2015 09:22
The Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital (KBTH) has been forced to reorganise its activities to cover the gap created by the exit of about 140 doctors on Monday, May 4, 2015.
The departing of the doctors who are an essential part of the medical team of the hospital upon their completion of their one year training course have left the hospital facing serious human resource problems in the last three days.
- Published on Tuesday, 28 April 2015 13:12
Cramps are a condition known to females everywhere, whatever the language or locale. In fact, more than half of young women’s monthly periods come with pain, some of it severe. And in adolescent girls the number reporting menstrual cramps, according to one study, rises to 90 percent. The good news is that monthly cramps usually diminish with age.
- Published on Monday, 04 May 2015 11:45
The veterinary services directorate of Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MOFA) wishes to inform the general public that there are outbreaks of Avian Influenza (bird Flu) in a number of West African countries.
The most recent one was reported to have occurred in Burkina Faso in March, 2015.
A standstill order and other neccessary measures have been put in that country since 1st April, 2015.
Meanwhile, officers from the veterinary services department of the ministry of Food and Agriculture, Ghana, have started intensive disease surveillance in Upper West and Upper East as well as Volta Region.
We do not intend to create panic in the country but wish to remind the general public of the following:
- Total ban of importation of poultry and poultry products from Burkina Faso.
- The general public is to quickly report any unusual deaths in domestic as well as wild birds to the nearest veterinary office
- Dead birds should never be handled with bare bands
- All poultry meat as well as eggs should be well cooked before consumption
- Any internal movement of poultry and poultry products must undergo veterinary inspection and covered with movement permit
- Published on Thursday, 23 April 2015 19:42
Different types of cancer display different cancer symptoms, but some warning signs are common among various kinds.
Worried about a strange, persistent pain in your abdomen, an unusual lump, or a feeling of utter exhaustion? Certain types of cancer have specific warning signs, while others may mimic common illnesses like the flu. These signs may all seem like minor, harmless ailments, but taken together they could point to cancer.